What is C60?
C60 is the long-sought secret to optimal health and metabolism, pain-free living and powerfully balanced immunity. It is the single-most powerful antioxidant ever discovered--a naturally occurring molecule could be the most amazing chemistry discovery of the century.
“C60” is short for Carbon 60. It’s a molecule shaped like a soccer ball and characterized by those who’ve studied it as a “free radical sponge”. Not only is it several hundred times more powerful than conventional antioxidants, it can actually “reset” itself. So, while typical antioxidants can only neutralize one free radical at a time, C60’s free-radical neutralizing power never diminishes. Protecting the body from the main cause of aging while supporting faster healing, increased energy levels, and healthy inflammatory response.
History and Discovery of Carbon 60
The C60 molecule was originally hypothesized to exist by Buckminster Fuller, in 1979. He predicted that the existence of the C60 carbon molecule would revolutionize medicine. And he was right. Because the three scientists who ultimately discovered it in 1985, Robert Curl, Harold Kroto, and Richard Smalley, were awarded the Nobel Prize for chemistry in 1996. They named the molecule, in Fuller’s honor, calling it a “Buckminsterfullerene.” Or “buckyballs” for short.
Composed of 60 carbon atoms forming something that looks like a hollow soccer ball, C60 is the only molecule of a single element to form a spherical cage, giving it unparalleled physical and chemical properties. That’s the primary reason it’s been the focus of extensive biomedical research.
The Health Benefits of C60
Scientist and founder of C60 Purple Power, Ken Swartz, calls C60 the “Swiss Army Knife” of antioxidants. It can help maximize energy-production in every cell in your body, optimizing the immune system, balancing hormone levels, promoting healthy brain function, and healthy aging. It may also protect against toxic industrial chemicals and radiation exposure.
Health Benefits Backed by Science
- The 2012 Paris Baati study showed that C60 was not only non-toxic, but it increased the lifespan of rats by 90%.
- In a 2008 study, C60 improved cognition and extended lifespan of mice. A carboxyfullerene SOD mimetic improves cognition and extends the lifespan of mice
Supports Healthy Aging
- In a 2010 double-blind, human study, it was found that when applied topically, C60 fullerene nanomaterials were effective at reducing wrinkles.
- C60 may be effective at combating hair loss. In a 2009 study, C60 was found to promote hair growth.
Supports Immune Function
- In multiple studies, C60 fullerenes were found to enhance the production of immune cells
Supports Healthy Inflammatory (Allergic) Response
- In a 2007 study, C60 was found to inhibit allergic response and researchers believe it may play a role in controlling allergy-related inflammatory conditions.
Supports Cognitive Function
- In multiple studies, C60 showed strong neuro-protective properties and prevented cognitive decline in mice.
Helps Protect Against UV Damage and Other Ionizing Radiation
- In 2010, C60 was found to protect human skin cells against UV damage.
- In a study, C60 protected mice from ionizing radiation.
Supports Healthy Metabolism and Weight
- A 2010 study found C60 prevented cells from turning into fat cells, in both mice and humans and may effectively help prevent weight gain.
- C60 protected nerves from dying due to “overwork” in cell cultures.
Supports Bone and Joint Health
- Supports Bone and Joint Health
- C60 protected cartilage cells from aging prematurely or dying off
Supports Eye Health
- C60 Purple Power Human vision study - We did a preliminary study with a clinical Ph.D. research scientist and found that vision improved for all subjects who took C60 Purple Power.
Learn more about the science-backed benefits of C60 here.
Where does C60
Not only is C60 found in nature, but it very likely predates life on Earth. It is produced by dying stars, called red giants, and it can be found in meteor impacts, lightning strikes, and very tiny amounts can be found in the burnt wicks of candles. Making it very probable that buckyballs have existed for a very long time in nature. The incredible versatility and resilience of C60 has led some to suggest that C60 may have played a part in the formation of life itself.
How can you find
Not all C60 products are created equal. Many companies use solvents when making C60. If a company says their C60 is 99.9%, or 99.95%, - that is considered lower-grade C60 that has not been fully purified - so there is a good chance that there is some solvent remaining in the C60.
Manufactured in the US, our C60 products are made 99.99% pure, sublimated Carbon 60 - never exposed to solvents. All of C60 Purple Power’s products are also third-party tested for purity, concentration and bioavailability. Not only are C60 Purple Power’s products made with solvent-free Carbon 60, but our C60 crystals are dissolved in 100% organic, farm-direct oils: organic extra virgin olive oil, organic avocado oil, and organic MCT coconut oil. This means you can ensure you’re getting the best possible C60 supplements in the industry today.
How Much C60
Should You Take?
C60 should be taken regularly for best results. If you are new to C60, incorporate it into your daily routine by taking a dosage of one or more teaspoons in the morning with water. Eat food within the hour for better absorption. Some C60 users report noticeable effects after just 30 days.
Is C60 Right For You?
If you’re interested in a natural way to optimize cellular energy production, fortify your immune system, promote a healthy inflammatory response, even slow the effects of aging, Carbon C60 may be just what you need. The most powerful antioxidant ever discovered, adding C60 to your daily routine offers a variety of health benefits for total body wellness.
But don’t just take our word for it, check out some reviews and testimonials on our homepage from members of the C60 Purple Power community who’ve overcome health challenges, improved their lives and feel better than ever, thanks to C60.